Marketing Forums                      

Welcome to the fastest-growing internet marketing forums!

Go Back   Marketing Forums > Business Corner > Domain Names

Domain Names For discussion related to registration, transfers, reselling, etc.

Submit Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 02-14-2011, 02:34 AM   #1
SpitFireSF

Referrals: 0
SpitFireSF is on a distinguished road
Default Selling of domains as a profitable business

Do you think that with enough creativity and imagination, you can earn pretty good money by selling domain names? I wonder if I should go towards this option. One evening I entered into my hosting account and started to check domain names. I played more than 2 hours and I made a list with about 20 domains that could be sold for xxxx sums.As far as I understand costs of selling a domain are not much, as long as you're sure you will manage to sell it. $ 20 for a registered name + another $ 40 for Featured Listing in Sedo. The total investment is $ 60 with a good name that contain important keywords, you can get back the amount invested in dozens (and even in more) Currently I have only one domain placed in Sedo.If I sell it I think to invest and increase the number. What do you think?

Last edited by SpitFireSF; 02-14-2011 at 02:36 AM..

Free Web Directory
Supernaturally Creative Banner Design

SpitFireSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2011, 09:41 AM   #2
dave
Extravaganzeer

Referrals: 4
dave is on a distinguished road

Don't underestimate the investment needed, only 1-2% of your portfolio may sell down to my experience.

I've found better results from finding domains on the godaddy auctions or dropped domains rather than, say, registering them from scratch.

Please read the Rules
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2011, 12:47 PM   #3
domains

domains is on a distinguished road

Yes that is good business
But You need some experience.. other waise some time it bring loss :P
domains is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #4
littledan

littledan is on a distinguished road

It is not something I would put at the top of my list of money making opportunities. However, I do hear many people have made a good income from selling domains. I am not sure if they are doing this full time or part time though. If you are tempted to give this a real go I would recommend you either keep your day job, or ensure you have another source of income just in case you need it.

Dan Thorley is a contributor at WhatBizOpp, an online resource which informs people on how to earn extra money.
littledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
MaryPablates

Referrals: 1
MaryPablates is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by domains View Post
Yes that is good business
But You need some experience.. other waise some time it bring loss :P
Exactly!

If you don't have experience, you would find very hard time in selling domain names for profit..

There is no need to buy domain name for gaining experience if you are too new, just participate in domain name forum such as DNforum, namepros, these two are top domain name forums, in terms of learning these are really too good, lots of experienced domain name marketers you would find, try asking question you have this way you would learn it practically.

One thing more, you should be able to value a domain name, this is all you need to know, if you are not able to price a domain name it won't help you a lot.

Domain name valuation is called domain name appraisal in domain name marketing, there are lots of domain name valuation tools but you need to find an effective tool, which is widely used.

Estibot comes on first when it comes to domain valuation I would say, almost all the domain name marketers know about it and they are using...

However, it is a tool, human appraisal is much more effective than a tool.
MaryPablates is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2014, 06:10 PM   #6
peepalala

peepalala is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitFireSF View Post
Do you think that with enough creativity and imagination, you can earn pretty good money by selling domain names? I wonder if I should go towards this option. One evening I entered into my hosting account and started to check domain names. I played more than 2 hours and I made a list with about 20 domains that could be sold for xxxx sums.As far as I understand costs of selling a domain are not much, as long as you're sure you will manage to sell it. $ 20 for a registered name + another $ 40 for Featured Listing in Sedo. The total investment is $ 60 with a good name that contain important keywords, you can get back the amount invested in dozens (and even in more) Currently I have only one domain placed in Sedo.If I sell it I think to invest and increase the number. What do you think?
i never tried it but one of my friend is a great player of this business , he used to to tell me that he has made a lot of bucks through of it .
peepalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2015, 08:32 AM   #7
oceanneblake

oceanneblake is on a distinguished road

I was always amazed of people making millions by selling domains. I think it is a worthy investment. I'm looking to register a website, but I can't find names with my intended keyword because all those 'smart' people had already bought it. And my friend personally knows a guy who made millions by just selling domains. Is that exciting??
oceanneblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2017, 08:15 AM   #8
RachaelJetkins

RachaelJetkins is on a distinguished road

Domain flipping has been in business for a long time and domains have been sold for a fortune. If you go on Flippa, you will know what I am referring to.

WebHosting.UK.com - WHUK :: Linux VPS Hosting | WordPress Hosting
81% OFF .Store TLD | 70% OFF .shop TLD | 40% OFF .Blog TLD | 20% OFF .Cloud TLD
New TLDs Up for Grabs!
RachaelJetkins is offline   Reply With Quote