Marketing Forums                      

Welcome to the fastest-growing internet marketing forums!

Go Back   Marketing Forums > Marketing / Making Money > Marketing Psychology

Marketing Psychology What is consumer behaviour? For secret psychological tips and tricks to get your buyers to take action and buy your products.

Submit Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 05-11-2010, 08:52 PM   #1
CandyRob

Referrals: 0
CandyRob is on a distinguished road
Default Attractive Advertisements

Have you ever notice that when an advertisement grabs your attention your curiosity level increases on the product or service that is being advertised. I believe thats one of the ways one can use Marketing Psychology in adds to appeal to prospective buyers.

Take for example Gieco Insurance. Out of curiosity I find my self viewing their website just because of that little green lizard. Now I am definitely not a fan of lizards but that little green lizard is cute and what appealed to me is the humor of the advertisements.

This is how Marketing Psychology come into play through advertisements

The advertisers for Geico are always using humor in their advertisements that is what appealed to me. I must tell you that one advertisement that I liked was when the lizard was asked whether he was English or Australian or Irish. Now that I thought was funny. Have you notice how long this little green fellow has been around. My point is, that because of the level of savvy humor that they use and the fact that I like this lizard I would totally switch to Geico if I was not comfortable with the level of service that I was getting from my current insurance company. Now just think of it, how many other prospective clients have they converted through this little green lizard.

I am sure people who are passionate about animals would be impressed with their Adds and who knows switch to Geico not only because of the lizard but because of the appeal that advertisemnts has on them.
CandyRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2010, 03:32 PM   #2
dave
Extravaganzeer

Referrals: 4
dave is on a distinguished road

Do you know, another example is hostgator - they have a great avatar/logo.

In a way, by appealing to the inner child these types of advertisement invoke some sort of emotion to get their response. In the uk there is a great advert where they have a meer kat selling insurance, checkthemeerkat.com or checkthemarket.com for insurance. It sticks in your head and it works well!

That works well as long as you talk directly to the customer's needs - and they clearly do at geico, checking out the video in the sidebar "15 minutes could save you 15% or more on car insurance" now that cuts directly to the specific benefits the customer gets, and how long it will take (which is not long at all) The fiddler is to evoke an emotional reaction so that when they come in with that powerful strap line they are ready to pick up the phone.

Please read the Rules
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2010, 12:59 AM   #3
Tzarkov

Tzarkov is on a distinguished road
Default Thread name

What about naming this thread should be alligator marketing? We surely need a new buzzword.

Mascots work by means of simple conditioning. The brand is associated with the emotional response to the mascot. Then you smile when you hear the brand name, not unlike pavlov's dogs salivated when they hear the bell ring.
Tzarkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
dave
Extravaganzeer

Referrals: 4
dave is on a distinguished road

Alligator marketing - I like it..

Emotions are powerful things - the 3 things that pack a punch with emotions are Money, Health and Relationships

There is another thing that is used in advertisements are sound effects like the woosh then 4-note tune on the intel adverts, or some sort of catchy sound that sticks in your head just as the advert ends with their logo in place, to create some sort of emotional reaction.

Emotions are said to be energy in motion within the body, we are a mass of cells that interact - the brain is only the central processor there are other areas of the body that have as much intelligence and neurons as the brain.

Did you know that the heart has a brain and memory? Crazy, i didn't know this for a while. I'm now rambling on i will stop now :-)

Please read the Rules
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 07:44 AM   #5
jamesabigail

jamesabigail is on a distinguished road

It is perfectly true, emotions really play an important part in marketing. The company always target to our emotions or it is based on the welfare of our family and that really touch and make a person to buy that product. I had always observed that if some prod cut is related to child then they will target or pictured on mother and of course a child but they know that what will effect more. It is very interesting to know how they used to promote their products.

jamesabigail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 07:58 AM   #6
Tzarkov

Tzarkov is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesabigail View Post
It is perfectly true, emotions really play an important part in marketing. The company always target to our emotions or it is based on the welfare of our family and that really touch and make a person to buy that product. I had always observed that if some prod cut is related to child then they will target or pictured on mother and of course a child but they know that what will effect more. It is very interesting to know how they used to promote their products.
I would go even further to say there is no possible motivation for people to buy without emotions. Take for example the a purchase manager that sends budget requests to a series of providers knowing from advance that he will select the cheapest one.

Can you imagine a more emotion-less consumer behaviour?

Even in this setting, budgeting little over the cheapest but raising his awareness that the cheapest might bring negative consequences to his business, you are hightly likely to out-weight better pricing: invest a little now, to save yourself what can be a potential disaster, seems like a great deal, doesn't it?
Tzarkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2010, 05:06 AM   #7
vineet@yeahcpa.com

vineet@yeahcpa.com is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to vineet@yeahcpa.com

name sounds good but every time a affiliate /advertiser visit your profile to evaluated your credibility . you always need to update your profile and increase terms in your experience field because market is much risky than earlier and any one is not really to put hold a risk oh his exercise ...actually you got it what i mean ...

Signup a publisher account at YeahCPA use Vyeahcpa in affiliate manager Field for quick approval
vineet@yeahcpa.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 04:26 AM   #8
Aliziha
Banned

Aliziha is on a distinguished road
Default Attractive Advertisements

Hello................ my Friends...............

They look sexy for the same reason others find different coloured eyes appealing, it's a personal perference. In your case, perhaps they remind you of jewels. Or maybe while you were growing up, you found your self attracted to some one who had hazel eyes and have made a positive psychological connection with that colour.

Cats, for example, tend to have eyes that are somewhat hazel coloured. Cats as many may agree, have very hypnotic and alluring eyes. There's a number of factors that may make you drawn to that eye colour.

Simularly, I like dark hair on women. Not exclusively mind you but dark hair has a familiar and comforting psychological affect on me. I've come to the conclusion that dark hair affects me in this way because my mother has dark hair. Her and I had a good relationship, when I was growing up. One of her most noticeable features was her long dark hair. Naturally, I like dark hair.

There you have it. It's nothing more than a personal preference.
Aliziha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2011, 11:45 AM   #10
CarolSmith

CarolSmith is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing discussion on such an important topic. In the case of attractive advertisement, individuals believe that it is an intellectual move and a very great strategy to generate sales.

CarolSmith is offline   Reply With Quote