What Are the Best Tips for Staff Management
1. Keep your staff records up to date. An employment tribunal can automatically rule against an employer if staff records have not been kept or they are inaccurate.
2. Make sure you store copies of all relevant documents, contracts, references, licences and certificates. By law you are required to provide employees with documents such as employment contracts so have a process for issuing them and keep copies.
3. Record holidays and sicknesses. Many small businesses do not know how much time-off has been taken by staff. This can lead to disputes or loss of productivity if adequate cover cannot be arranged.
4. Implement an appraisal system that is used for all your staff. You need to tell them what is expected and of them and how they are performing. You are paying for their productivity so ensure you have a process for improving performance.
5. Your staff can be your most valuable resource. Create a development plan for each member of staff and work with them to ensure they get the right resources and training to enable them to do their jobs better.
Last edited by shaneyward; 06-30-2011 at 02:18 AM..