Marketing Forums                      

Welcome to the fastest-growing internet marketing forums!

Go Back   Marketing Forums > Webmaster's Lounge > HTML & Website Design

HTML & Website Design Place to talk about website design and get help with HTML, CSS, DHTML, etc.

Submit Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 01-26-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
Bogdana

Referrals: 0
Bogdana is on a distinguished road
Default 10 SEO Tips For A Web Designer

Every kid on the block seems to know web designing these days. Actually thinking along those lines it is not difficult at all to learn how to design a web page or for that matter even a site. What with FrontPage, Dreamweaver and the gang making the job even simpler.

But one has to realize there is more to web designing then knowing how to write a few HTML codes or use one of the many commercially available programs. While teaching you how to code or code correctly for that matter is not the objective of this article, I would be giving you some tips that distinguish the real web designer from the rest of the pack.

1. I will strictly ask you to not to have a flash site designed for you if you have to be at the top of the search engine. Yes, I know it looks awesome but it does nothing more than hindering your all search engine optimization strategies. You don't need to provide your visitors an eye candy, dude just provide them some helpful content.

2. Always remember to use navigation menu at the right side of each page of your site, why? because search engines count the first few phrases appearing on the page, this way you would provide the search engines the content first.

3. Make your pages cross browser compatible. Though this is very difficult even for the most experienced among us, TRY!

4. Time your page for its loading speeds. Remember, though a graphic image looks really good on your site, its hateful if your visitors have to wait hours for it to load. You may be using a high speed connection, the whole world doesn't. Your page has to be quick to load.

5. Too many images have exactly the opposite effect then they are meant to have. So, do everything in proportion… including putting in graphics and animations.

6. Colour combinations matter. Your text has to be readable & as importantly if not more, worth reading.

7. Always work on a good navigation structure… Remember if a client cant find your contact info or order link, you'd miss on a sale.

8. Make your site search engine friendly. Its no use having the best site in the world which no one can find. And for every one's sake don't mess around with hidden layers to get a high listing on the engines. It is JUST NOT worth the risk!

9. If you have ad banners, place them with a little thought. Too many of those little pop ups are the most annoying thing on the web and more often then not deter visitors from sticking onto your site rather than earn you some extra cash.

10. Lastly… you never know everything. Over the years and after designing a dozen sites, I still learn something new from ever project that I undertake. Guys you can never be perfect when it comes to coding… And if you are… then there is always room to improve perfection.

Bogdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2011, 06:04 PM   #2
faceifacts

faceifacts is on a distinguished road

Agree with everything, especially the last one. Just when you think you know everything, which you never do, something else comes along making it that much better.

faceifacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2011, 07:42 PM   #3
hettymiranda

hettymiranda is on a distinguished road
Default 10 SEO Tips For A Web Designer

It's excellent. I like your tips. from this, I don't know some of it. The one tips is very useful which is Make your pages cross browser compatible. Applying this tips I get some short of good result. I am thankful to you for sharing a tis kind of technique.

hettymiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 02:38 AM   #4
jparinas21

jparinas21 is on a distinguished road
Default ^^

Great tips!

Almost all of the tips mentioned here are actually what our SEO Team practice in our company. We have these guidelines to ensure quality service given out to our clients.

Cheers,
Jerico Pariñas
New Media Services Pty Ltd
jparinas21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2011, 10:18 AM   #5
sarahjones

sarahjones is on a distinguished road

Excellent tips. It is very much necessary for all designers to know a bit on SEO, and it will surely help them.

sarahjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2011, 09:40 AM   #6
juliana22

juliana22 is on a distinguished road

Definitely I have to share your an excellent tips.
juliana22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 07:06 PM   #7
kate.reber

Referrals: 1
kate.reber is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogdana View Post
10. Lastly… you never know everything. Over the years and after designing a dozen sites, I still learn something new from ever project that I undertake. Guys you can never be perfect when it comes to coding… And if you are… then there is always room to improve perfection.
I am totaly agree with this..

Thanks for sharing..

Have a good day!!

Kate Reber
Affiliate Manager
buzzcreators.com
kate.reber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 04:49 AM   #8
aryanaable

aryanaable is on a distinguished road

Web designers all over the world use WordPress and you will see practical WordPress lessons online. There are also several WordPress boards. If you face any problem during web style process, you can talk about these lessons and ask WordPress style experts to discover an easy solution.

aryanaable is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #9
joaswingard8048

joaswingard8048 is on a distinguished road

Excellent tips. It is very much necessary for all designers to know a bit on SEO, and it will surely help them
joaswingard8048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #10
lennonrowen

lennonrowen is on a distinguished road

As per my view about the SEO tips for a web designer,Some tips are as follows:
Keep a horizontal directory structure
Look at search bots as browsers
CSS image replacement.

lennonrowen is offline   Reply With Quote