Marketing Forums                      

Welcome to the fastest-growing internet marketing forums!

Go Back   Marketing Forums > Marketing / Making Money > Affiliate Marketing Forum

Affiliate Marketing Forum Discuss ways to make money with affiliate marketing here in the affiliate marketing forum.

Submit Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 01-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #1
hoolboo

Referrals: 0
hoolboo is on a distinguished road
Default Is a Website Necessary For Affiliate Marketing?

I have sold affiliate marketing products without using a website. I am currently using Facebook in place of a website. Do you think investing in a website is necessary for affiliate marketing?

hoolboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 05:28 AM   #2
Clare44

Clare44 is on a distinguished road

It is not necessary but very important since it gives your business credibility and trust.

Clare44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 06:26 AM   #3
Jim Gillum
Super Moderator

Referrals: 7
Jim Gillum is on a distinguished road

People are more likely to buy from a "real" site.......as opposed to some of the single page spun sites that have begun to disappear....

Please read the Rules

Learn Work from Home Internet Business
www.for-new-marketers.info/blog
Jim Gillum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2012, 11:12 PM   #4
kensomerville

Referrals: 2
kensomerville is on a distinguished road

I totally agree with both Claire and Jim, You need a web site of your own. You can sell products for other people and that will make you a bit of money. But once you learn to build your own list of people, then you can create a regular income by marketing to your list of people.

Right now you are building someone else's list and they are making a fortune from your work. They mail to that buyer list on a regular schedule and those people will keep buying from them. But YOU don't get any money for those sales.

If you want to learn more about this kind of stuff, visit my website, and read some of the article there, they will open your eyes, to more ways to build your own list. etc.

I hope this helps.

Your Friend In Marketing Ken Somerville

Check out this FREE course on marketing on the Internet http://www.no-bs.ca

Find out more about Ken Somerville
kensomerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #5
dewaz

dewaz is on a distinguished road

it's totally depend on your business. but i always think to make my visitor something to see before earn something from them is important things.
dewaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 04:42 PM   #6
SmitLee

SmitLee is on a distinguished road

If tomorrow facebook shuts your account down, you're out of business. Same for Twitter, Youtube, ...: at the ned you don't have control of these environments

SmitLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 12:23 AM   #7
wadeinni

wadeinni is on a distinguished road

I absolutely recommend having your own business website in addition to your external affiliate marketing channels. Your website serves as the base for building your personal or business brand. Everything else is an extension of that. Also a previous poster point out the potential disadvantage of doing business on a platform you do not control, such as all monetized social media. You always want to have a failsafe in case you lose your main stream of affiliate revenue, even if it's not a major source of income.

Erookie - Startup Business Advice
wadeinni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #8
1charlie

1charlie is on a distinguished road

Everyone that has commented on your post are correct. You need a Website to continually grow your business. You need the control of your own site. also it looks more professional.

To get more information on this subject sign up for my free newsletter Success Grenade and How To Create Your First Website Click Here
1charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #9
wskinner

wskinner is on a distinguished road
Default A Website is Vital

Your own website is very vital to leverage visitors and increase trust and authoritativeness in your niche/market. Using facebook is fine as an extension of your website. The internet is a spider web of links. If you have your own website you can generate links all over the place to point back to your main site that can be monetized much easier than a facebook account or any other social network account. I like to use social networks to gain trust with potential visitors to my main website, so when they come to my site they already know what they are going to be viewing and conversion rates can dramatically increase.

Good Luck To You
-- Will Skinner

Discover Simple internet marketing. There is no such thing as get rich quick. If you want to learn what it takes to market on the internet the right way just click on that link.
wskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #10
WebBusinessReviews

WebBusinessReviews is on a distinguished road

100% Yes - Having your own website (or 10) is a must for any serious Internet Marketer. As a couple already said it gives your business more credibility. It also gives you the option to take your business in different directions and not to be restricted to other sites guide lines etc.

And it not as expensive as some people think. If you need any help just ask. Good Luck.

WebBusinessReviews is offline   Reply With Quote