Marketing Forums                      

Welcome to the fastest-growing internet marketing forums!

Go Back   Marketing Forums > Marketing / Making Money > Affiliate Marketing Forum

Affiliate Marketing Forum Discuss ways to make money with affiliate marketing here in the affiliate marketing forum.

Submit Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 11-22-2008, 08:14 PM   #1
Suzanne

Referrals: 0
Suzanne is on a distinguished road
Default Have you logged into your CJ account recently?

CJ changed some policies without notifying it's publishers. I lost my earnings in one account due to not enough sales. They have in their terms which is not marked when it was changed that if you account becomes inactive they will charge you for it. You cannot view the amount they charge you without being a publisher. I wrote up on my blog about this if anyone is interested in reading more.

I would be more then happy to provide the link to the blog for the whole story, but seems I am unable to post links till 5 posts.

Just a word of caution to those using CJ and are not active enough to earn the payout in 6 months. I would make sure to check your accounts to make sure they are active. The blog is freebiesandmore which you can do a search on goggle for. To much to post here.
Suzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2008, 09:42 PM   #2
BossLady
Company Support

BossLady is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
CJ changed some policies without notifying it's publishers. I lost my earnings in one account due to not enough sales. They have in their terms which is not marked when it was changed that if you account becomes inactive they will charge you for it. You cannot view the amount they charge you without being a publisher. I wrote up on my blog about this if anyone is interested in reading more.

I would be more then happy to provide the link to the blog for the whole story, but seems I am unable to post links till 5 posts.

Just a word of caution to those using CJ and are not active enough to earn the payout in 6 months. I would make sure to check your accounts to make sure they are active. The blog is freebiesandmore which you can do a search on goggle for. To much to post here.
I've heard of this recently, I had no idea that was part of their TOS. Seems ridiculous to me that they can charge you a fee and take any earnings you have like that.

Close the account and pay you what you've earned ok, but to charge a fee for inactivity is just over the top.

Please be sure to read the forum rules
BossLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2008, 01:25 AM   #3
BossLady
Company Support

You know, I just logged into my clickbank account and did some reading, they too have the "dormant account" fees.

This type of stuff just angers me, the big guys can get away with whatever they want I guess

Unread 11-23-2008, 05:10 PM   #4
Suzanne

That is what my post on my blog was about. I am sorry I can't post link so others can read it. But they took my whole earnings (a whooping 9.00 something) but it was all the earnings my freebie site had earned in the last six months. This was only implemented in September. If you check the update in your login (which is the only place you can view the update info) it was never sent out to members to let them know there would be a fee and the email I did get in response to my support ticket was do an offer to keep your account active. Which to me was appalling. Could you imagine a PTR/PTC site saying well do an offer or we will charge you a fee?
Unread 11-23-2008, 05:31 PM   #5
BossLady
Company Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
Could you imagine a PTR/PTC site saying well do an offer or we will charge you a fee?

I could imagine a site losing a buttload of members and never recovering from the scandal of it LOL

It is amazing how the "big boys" can walk all over affiliates and get away with it

Unread 11-23-2008, 06:00 PM   #6
Suzanne

They are not the only ones pull stuff like this though. Paypopup has upped it's minimum two times in the last year or so and removed half the earning options for those who don't have enough traffic so one is basically a prisoner till you have earned their minimum of $100 now.

Clicksor which is sister site to Paypopups cancelled a bunch of accounts awhile ago due to not enough traffic and did payouts but charged a $4.50 fee to pay you. So if you had a small amount you might as well of kissed your earnings goodbye.
Unread 03-25-2010, 04:32 AM   #7
jennypitts

Referrals: 1
jennypitts is on a distinguished road

Not only CJ... Other sites like eBay have also made changes all over the place. But at least eBay did notify it's members. Something I missed in CJ. BTW; I also lost money with the new changes.

Traffic Exchange - Solo Ads - Increase Traffic - Article Writer for Hire
Social Networking for Internet Marketers, Advertisers and Referral Program. Professional Content Article Writing services.
jennypitts is offline   Reply With Quote