Marketing Forums                      

Welcome to the fastest-growing internet marketing forums!

Go Back   Marketing Forums > Marketing / Making Money > Social Media Forum

Social Media Forum Social Media is the *biggest* opportunity for your business online - we are on the beginning of the curve - discuss here.

Submit Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 03-22-2012, 01:08 AM   #1
AgentsOfValue

Referrals: 0
AgentsOfValue is on a distinguished road
Default What are some tips on posting ads in social media?

hi!

just want to ask on how to maximize the use of social media in advertising.

what are some important guidelines/ tips that i need to remember so that the use of social media will work for me?

thanks!
AgentsOfValue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
Jashandeep10

Jashandeep10 is on a distinguished road

You should avoid the unnecessary hyperlinks or urls in your content.
Jashandeep10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 07:02 PM   #3
1charlie

1charlie is on a distinguished road

Social networks or social networking sites are a great way to get your products or services in front of millions of people. Almost all social networking sites allow you to create a free profile that can be seen by other people. That profile can be used to "direct" the traffic to either the main site or sales pages.

To be successful with using social networking sites you have interact with the network and establish relationships with other network members. Otherwise, you can be seen as a spammer and even if your profile will not get deleted, you will not make any sales using the social sites.

Social bookmarking sites allow you to create an account and post links to web pages. Some bookmarking sites would also allow you to create a profile page that you could also use to point to your sales pages.

These sites are a great way to get traffic and links to your web pages as they are frequently spidered by the search engines. Word of caution: do not create too many bookmarks at once as search engines like to see gradual increase in number of links to your site. Building links must look as natural as possible.

To get more information on this subject sign up for my free newsletter Success Grenade and How To Create Your First Website Click Here
1charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2012, 05:16 AM   #4
jwmann2

jwmann2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1charlie View Post
Social networks or social networking sites are a great way to get your products or services in front of millions of people. Almost all social networking sites allow you to create a free profile that can be seen by other people. That profile can be used to "direct" the traffic to either the main site or sales pages.

To be successful with using social networking sites you have interact with the network and establish relationships with other network members. Otherwise, you can be seen as a spammer and even if your profile will not get deleted, you will not make any sales using the social sites.

Social bookmarking sites allow you to create an account and post links to web pages. Some bookmarking sites would also allow you to create a profile page that you could also use to point to your sales pages.

These sites are a great way to get traffic and links to your web pages as they are frequently spidered by the search engines. Word of caution: do not create too many bookmarks at once as search engines like to see gradual increase in number of links to your site. Building links must look as natural as possible.
Couldn't agree more. All it takes on Twitter is the click of the unfollow button if you seem like you're there for business and not to interact or establish relationships with your followers and those you follow.

jwmann2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 03:31 AM   #5
Carrick36

Carrick36 is on a distinguished road

make it simple but attractive, provide useful information rather than long description of the product or service..
Carrick36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 04:19 AM   #6
dshrader300

Referrals: 1
dshrader300 is on a distinguished road
Default Facebook posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentsOfValue View Post
hi!

just want to ask on how to maximize the use of social media in advertising.

what are some important guidelines/ tips that i need to remember so that the use of social media will work for me?

thanks!
I have a way to post on facebook that is so simple but effective that all the IM marketers are overlooking. One hint and I will use the word IMAGES
Does anyone know what I'm talking about.
Doug at DSN

Discover How To Create A Profitable Web Business -Starting Today!

Click Here For Free Step by Step Video Course and Ebook

And I am,Douglas Shrader at DSN SOCIAL MEDIA
dshrader300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #7
dshrader300

Referrals: 1
dshrader300 is on a distinguished road
Default Free Classifieds

Free Classifieds works great. I was able to place code to an image thats clickable and sends them straight to my squeeze page.
I wonder if I will get any results
I will update the post

Last edited by dshrader300; 05-02-2012 at 12:30 PM..

Discover How To Create A Profitable Web Business -Starting Today!

Click Here For Free Step by Step Video Course and Ebook

And I am,Douglas Shrader at DSN SOCIAL MEDIA
dshrader300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 05:37 AM   #8
Sophia Myles

Sophia Myles is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1charlie View Post
Agree! To take advantage of social networks, you need to first follow their rules and spirit. The original purpose of social networks is to provide people a chance to communicate and get connected, not to sell or advertise. So if you want to be one of the world, you need to interact and build relationships with others. Forget that you are advertising, you are just socializing.
Sophia Myles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #9
ericstuart1006

ericstuart1006 is on a distinguished road

First thing that you have to keep in mind is to increase your network and then update your post according to your business. A valuable and attractive post can drive more traffic. Those who just have created a business page on Facebook or any other social network, they firstly need to create a brand value which can be done by adding valuable information to the page.

ericstuart1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2012, 04:43 AM   #10
MontiC

MontiC is on a distinguished road

Just try to focus sharing informative and latest things, tips or similar with your targeted customers. Don't post everything just those that are relevant to your business/products/services.

MontiC is offline   Reply With Quote