Marketing Forums                      

Welcome to the fastest-growing internet marketing forums!

Go Back   Marketing Forums > Marketing / Making Money > PPC Forums

PPC Forums Making money with PPC ? Discuss it here. Ask questions, find answers, and more at the PPC Forums

Submit Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 11-07-2008, 08:37 AM   #1
nick08

Referrals: 1
nick08 is on a distinguished road
Post Making Money With PPC[Pay-Per-Click]

Let’s take a quick look at Pay Per Click (PPC) Marketing and see how underrated it is and how you can seriously make some cash without getting too wrapped up and hung up on the usual things that stop you from moving forward.

1- Create a site. If you don’t know how to, well, get someone to do it for you. It’s not that hard, hell, even I can do it and I am a retard when it comes to tech/design stuff. So buy a domain, get a cheap hosting account for it, toss up a WordPress blog and theme (takes the hassle out of creating a site), and you’re in business.

2- Depending on what your domain theme is, if it has one, make the site around an affiliate marketing offer. It can be a product, a service, doesn’t really matter which. Just pick something! There are no bad ideas or good ideas, everything can work in it’s own right if done correctly. If you are being a lazy bastard and need me to pick one for you, then choose a product that is cheap for the end user and serves some type of beneficial purpose. Ad networks have a billion offers, I’m sure you can find one. But try and keep out of finance/mortgage and ringtones for now, because those take lots of research, time and cash.

3- Great, you have your product picked out, now make a blog post about it. If you don’t know all that much about it, do some quick research on Wikipedia or Google. It’s also a good idea to put a banner up or a full page ad for it if you aren’t going to write a blog post about it. Either way, make sure the theme of the blog is about the product you are promoting. Maybe make the color scheme the same as the page where the user will buy something or fill out the lead.

4- So let’s assume you have your domain, host, blog with the offer all setup. Alright, so now comes traffic, the fun part! Let’s use Google Adwords and MSN AdCenter for it. Take $100 and deposit it into each of the accounts. You probably won’t use all of it, but it’s good to have it in there. With Adsense we can begin right away, but with MSN you may have to wait 24 hours or so until their slow asses get to approving the account. With both though, there are tons of free cash coupons and promo codes out there, and some on WickedFire.com that you can use and get some free cash to use.

5- Time for some keyword research. Before you start to use every keyword tool under the sun, let’s do a bit of manual work. First go and look at the advertiser’s page and pull keywords off there by hand. We want to focus on something called LONG TAIL KEYWORDS. We don’t want the one or two word keywords because they are very general, expensive, and usually being looked at for research purposes and don’t have many “buy now” people using them. A long tail keyword are those 3, 4, 5+ word keywords that really target a product. So for example, a good long-tail mortgage refinance keyword I would use is “refinance los angeles california” or “bad credit refinance new york” INSTEAD of “refinance new york” or “refinance la”. You can even compare the prices, and you’ll see the longer ones may not get much traffic on it, but they are so cheap compared to the other more general ones.

6- So you have some general and long-tail keywords. Fantastic. Now some people use misspelling tools and whatnot, which is a good idea, so go over to SEOBook.com into the tools section and use Aaron Wall’s misspelling tool. But don’t do that just yet, because that’s the last step. What you should do first is get a nice long list of long-tail keywords of what you think people are using when they are in “buying mode” when searching on the engines for your product. So if the product is some kind of insole for a shoe, your keywords would be: buy shoe insole, cheap insole for shoes, doctor recommended shoe insole. Those are pretty good, and sure, they are nowhere near as robust as something like “shoe insole” or “shoe pad” but they are more likely to be in buying mode than researching mode. So your job, for the next 1-3 hours is to gather up as many of these keywords as possible. If you want to use keyword tools to do it for you, by all means, knock yourself out, but if this is your first time doing something like this, and you want to learn how to do it right, do it by hand, the old fashioned way, just until you get the swing of things. When you’re done collecting the keywords, run it through the misspelling tool, and save the end result. Make sure to also group the keywords into 5-15 keywords per group for Adwords and AdCenter. You’ll thank me later.

7- We have our keywords, the site, the domain, the product. Wonderful, now on to getting some traffic finally! Take those groups of keywords and make one primary campaign for them in AdWords and the sub-campaigns for them based on which keyword theme they are. You don’t want to put too many keywords into one group because you want to keep your ads as relevant as possible for that group of keywords that it represents. So go ahead and make your ads. I typically write out 3-4 ads in the beginning, but sometimes as little as 2. It really depends on how confident you are of the keywords. Make sure to include the keyword, or the main idea of the base keywords (meaning, if the keywords all revolve around “back pain” make sure “back pain” is in the ads). Don’t be boring with the ad copy either, try and liven it up to get the attention of the searcher that will make them want to not only click on your ad, but also buy or fill out a lead for your product. Use your domain and page/site for this. Make sure all the traffic goes to your killer blog page.

8- Once you’re done with all of the above do something very important now.. Change the keywords so they are all EXACT and PHRASE matches. You can even go as far as to create separate ad groups if you really want to, but sometimes that’s just overkill and may also screw up your other campaigns for good keywords. The reason you don’t want to go with broad in the beginning is because you’re on a mission now. That mission is not to make money, but to get your CTR up to a nice level. You’re going to want to be doing this for a good day or so. Don’t worry, you won’t lose much money, and after all, a lot of those clicks aren’t just going to go nowhere, they’ll be going to your blog/promo page. You still have a great chance that they will also result in a sale/lead. So no need to fret about it.

9- Wow step 9 already, look how quickly we flew through this tutorial. Granted there are a lot of details being left out, but you will learn them on your own and pick them up pretty quickly too. You have to admit, this is a hell of a lot easier than you thought it would be right? So the reason I want you to use a blog or something with content on it and not just a redirect or linking directly to the affiliate code is because Google and MSN have this algorithm called QS alias Quality Score. They say, that if a site looks like it’s not selling something exclusively, meaning, that the site’s sole purpose is to spread information rather than sales then it should not be paying as much as a commercial site that has a huge budget. Also these types of results (your site) are relevant for users and give them what they are looking for, instead of a sales page and a “buy this thing now or you will die!” approach. We want the users to buy or fill out leads, but we don’t want to give them the impression that it’s ALL we want, so maybe tack on a newsletter signup link. You can use Aweber, they are cheap and good. Also tack on a few information links on the blogroll or in the posts. To really beef up your QS, send some inbound links from other blogs, directories, sites, forums, wherever really. Just pretend you are SEO’ing it as well as using it for a PPC campaign. Within 2 weeks or less your QS should jump, your CTR should jump, and best of all, your PPC bid price will drop!

Well that's it, hope you liked my tutorial!
nick08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2008, 01:45 PM   #2
hllywdprncss76

Referrals: 0
hllywdprncss76 is on a distinguished road

wow! thats alot of info!
hllywdprncss76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2008, 07:15 PM   #3
dave
Extravaganzeer

Referrals: 4
dave is on a distinguished road

Here's a good tool for finding out long-tail keywords - it gets its data directly from wordtracker:

http://tools.seobook.com/keyword-tools/seobook/

Please read the Rules
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2009, 03:56 AM   #4
juanaballerina

juanaballerina is on a distinguished road

Why to much methods if you have some information. Would you give me just your recommend to any account ?
juanaballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2009, 01:10 PM   #5
hamid_awais

hamid_awais is on a distinguished road

what i understood from yo9ur post..i summarize it here.....coorect me if i am wrong......
step 1) get a website
step 2) chose a product to sell
step 3) Get traffic trom adwords etc
step 4) earn monet by selling on your site

my questions are
1) which products to sell??
2) why will people buy from me when there are amazon etc

Buys and Sell in usa
www.usads.info
hamid_awais is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2010, 10:15 PM   #6
rickyhelmore

rickyhelmore is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to rickyhelmore
Thumbs up Great Post

Really a Nice and detailed info Nick08, I hope nothing is left out.
Got to know the benefit of Long tail keywords, earlier just looking for short keywords.

Last edited by rickyhelmore; 01-12-2010 at 10:19 PM.. Reason: Missed Post Icons

rickyhelmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2010, 08:10 PM   #7
yuvigreatcpa

yuvigreatcpa is on a distinguished road

good info ..
yuvigreatcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 09:52 AM   #8
alexasmith

alexasmith is on a distinguished road

Hello !
Thanks for sharing very useful information.actually PPC is one of the best component of advertising and it is very popular way to make some money via the internet marketing.

Last edited by alexasmith; 10-20-2010 at 10:03 AM..

alexasmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 02:41 PM   #9
faceifacts

faceifacts is on a distinguished road

If you think people won't buy from you and instead opt to go with amazon and such, you are wrong.

But you need alot of things, firstly you can't sell stuff like amazon, unless you have a huge warehouse to stock pile it.

You have to be legit, you have to take the time to build as much traffic and good feedback as possible and you have to offer a worthwhile product, i.e. it has to give the user what they want and do what it says.

People are generally lazy, you can find the info from 99.99% of e-books and such on the internet for free just by looking around (and I don't mean torrent sites). But people want the info now, they don't want to look all over the places to find a bit here and there.

So if you can find a product they want and make it good, then you will should have no problem selling to people, again as long as you stick with it and such.

faceifacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2010, 09:54 PM   #10
vinbytes

vinbytes is on a distinguished road

Great idea, thanks for sharing this one.

vinbytes is offline   Reply With Quote