Marketing Forums                      

Welcome to the fastest-growing internet marketing forums!

Go Back   Marketing Forums > Marketing / Making Money > General Marketing Chat

General Marketing Chat Doesn't fit into the other marketing sub-forum topics

Submit Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 06-16-2010, 06:07 PM   #1
MarkStrobel3367

Referrals: 0
MarkStrobel3367 is on a distinguished road
Default Event Marketing Suggestions Requested

I represent an agency that facilitates educational family and school-related seminars, conferences, and webinars. Because of budgetary and health concerns, we recently decided to focus most of our attention on the delivery of live interactive webinars. However, marketing has been a real issue. We have been experimenting with mainly free online marketing sources to advertise our webinars with limited to no success. We have been finding it very difficult getting people to sign up for our paid and free webinars. For our paid webinars, we decided to keep our fee low in hopes of attracting people to our webinars. We also offer a free gift to those that attend a webinar. We have used the following free tools to promote our webinars:

1) Postings on free webinar sites.
2) Free online press releases.
3) Free event calendar postings on both media as well as family-oriented websites.
4) Media press release emailings.
5) Newletter emailings to our subscribers.
6) Postings on major social networking sites that we currently have a business page with such as Facebook and Twitter.

We’ve also tried some paid advertising services:

1) Facebook ads
2) Google adwords
3) I also once placed an ad on a parenting website. They listed my ad on their website’s yellow pages or resource section located fairly deep within their site.
4) We also once hired an SEO agency to optimize our website. They charged us $1,000.00 a month for their services and we received little to no results. We subsequently discontinued our relationship with them.

All of the above marketing techniques basically have not been effective in getting people to register for our webinars. Because the majority of our advertising has been free, I tend to believe that we simply are not advertising these webinars correctly.

I have read several articles that state that advertising on social networks are very effective in drawing people to webinars. However, my knowledge of social networking sites is limited. Short of listing the webinars on our business page of the network, I’m not sure how else I can attract people to our webinars using social networking sites. We have a business page on Facebook and Twitter. Since these pages were put up relatively recently, we have very few followers.

Our budget is limited and I know that there are vast advertising opportunities on the Internet.

1) Does anyone have any suggestions of other paid advertising opportunities that I should consider that might be effective in drawing people to our webinars?
2) Should I consider hiring an event promoter or marketer that could help point us in the right direction regarding online advertising? If so, does anyone have any recommendations of reputable event marketing agencies or independent contractors that I should consider hiring?
3) Is there any other marketing opportunity that I haven’t mentioned that I should consider?
MarkStrobel3367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2010, 07:05 AM   #2
bbdirect

bbdirect is on a distinguished road

Have you tried direct marketing? Direct email marketing is said to be one of the effective techniques in online marketing.

bbdirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2010, 05:19 PM   #3
MEMA

MEMA is on a distinguished road

I'm working for a CRM and Email Marketing Company (Media-Mail) and we are organizing a Meetup next week in Santa Monica... If you are interested (and if you are living in Los Angeles area) in getting knowledge about email marketing strategy, feel free to join us!

Here the link of the event: How to increase your revenue and margin with a CRM and E-mailing Strategy? - Email Marketing Club (Santa Monica, CA) - Meetup.com

Media-Mail
Global Provider of CRM and e-Mailing Solutions and Services

www.media-mail.com
MEMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2010, 09:05 AM   #4
HAri

HAri is on a distinguished road
Default SEO

This information is quite good and the reply from others persons are also making to think great about the fact.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Next step: Make your first post on the forums - see if you can help someone out, or post a thread asking for help - there are plenty of people out there ready to answer!

Remember your signature is your biggest asset, provide links to your own websites and services in there - not in a forum post or thread please otherwise we will remove any non-discussion threads.
HAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2010, 11:30 AM   #5
planetanand

planetanand is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Try Pay for performance lead generation Companies

I would say the best bet here is to try Companies specializing in Webinar Lead Generation, the best would be who can work on a Pay Per Lead Model. You would pay them only if a Lead comes in. One such company that i came across is webfishery dot com. I have seen their clients, and their model suits all SMB's.

Talking about SEO - Look out for companies where you would pay only for Ranked keywords on Google. Again one more company doing this is resultfirst dot com.
planetanand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2010, 08:05 AM   #6
smith31

smith31 is on a distinguished road
Default Internet Marketing

Hi
Internet Marketing is an all-inclusive term for marketing products and/or services online – and like many all-inclusive terms, Internet marketing means different things to different people.
smith31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2010, 08:09 AM   #7
smith31

smith31 is on a distinguished road
Default Event Marketing Suggestions Requested

Hi
Event planners are known by many different titles in the corporate world, and these positions may not always be easily recognized. A review of the corporate structure finds many different satisfying event planning careers.
smith31 is offline   Reply With Quote